& Partners is one of the most prestigious marketing firms
with headquarters in Old Greenwich, Connecticut, USA and
offices in 20 countries.
Jack Trout manages and supervises a global network of
experts that apply his concepts and develop his methodology
around the world.
Click on the team members to read their Bio:
Mike Fabricius is an experienced tourism strategist, policy analyst and marketer who played a leadership role in the successful development of the South African tourism industry and has been consulting at an international level since 2005. After occupying various senior management positions in South Africa's tourism industry (among others heading Tourism in the national Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism and CEO of the Western Cape Tourism Board) Mike established an independent tourism advisory and consultancy practice in 2004. Since then he has managed and executed more than 100 assignments across close on 30 countries in Africa, the Middle East, Europe and Asia. He regularly participates in missions for the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), Tourism Ministries and other international development agencies (World Bank, IFC, USAID, UNDP, EU, AFDB, RETOSA, SNV, etc.) and has taught courses on Tourism Policy and Marketing Strategy for Tourism Managers in many destinations across Africa, the Middle East, Europe and Asia.
His most recent assignments include (full list attached):
- Tourism marketing and branding strategy for Nepal, part of UNWTO Strategic Tourism Plan (UNWTO, Government of Nepal)
- Tourism Lens over Strategic Cities Development Program, Sri Lanka (World Bank, Government of Sri Lanka)
- Tourism strategies and project development concepts for various states in India – Rajasthan and Buddhist Circuit (IFC, Government of India)
- Marketing plan and brand execution for Livingstone, Zambia (Livingstone Tourism Association and CDE)
- Implementing a Visitor Information Services Strategy for Gauteng, South Africa (Gauteng Tourism Authority, South Africa)
- Air Services Demand Projections for a new airport at St Helena Island (Enterprise St Helena, DFID)
- Branding Ghana Tourism, part of UNWTO Master Plan for Ghana (UNWTO, Government of Ghana)
- Team member for conceptualizing development proposals for the Chang’an Han Dynasty site in Xi’an, China (Xi’an City government)
- Tourism master plans and urban design concepts for various major destinations in Saudi Arabia (Supreme Commission for Tourism and Antiquities)
- Tourism growth and job creation strategy for Namibia (Government of Namibia)
- Tourism marketing strategy for Sultanate of Oman (Oman Ministry of Tourism)
- Tourism market segmentation and target marketing proposals for Botswana (African Development Bank)
- Tourism development strategies for various municipalities in South Africa i.e. Matzikama, Mhlontlo, Graaff Reinet, Breedekloof (some with Urban Econ)
- Guidelines for Community based Tourism Development in Botswana (UNWTO, UNDP, Government of Botswana)
- Niche market studies for Accessible Tourism and Educational Tourism in South Africa (Urban Econ and South African Government)
- Feasibility study for a Heritage Hotels company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Supreme Commission of Tourism)
- Tourism strategy for Coruh Valley, Turkey (UNWTO, UNDP)
- Stakeholder training in destination branding and assessment of destination management plans, Ghana (SNV, UNWTO, Government of Ghana)
- Tourism marketing strategy and marketing campaign plan for the Northern Cape province of South Africa (Northern Cape Provincial Government)
- Tourism strategy for Lesotho (Lesotho Government and World Bank).
- Training courses and seminars on Destination Management and Marketing for tourism Managers in various countries (UNWTO, National Tourism Ministries)
- Principal author of "A Practical Guide to Destination Management" (UNWTO) and "Branding Tourism Destinations: A Practitioner's Guide" (JICA, UNWTO, SNV and Ghana Ministry of Tourism)
Dr Fabricius is Editorial Board member of the international Journal of Sustainable Tourism and is a regular speaker at tourism seminars, conferences and workshops. He has received various academic and business related awards and his profile is included in the Who's Who in Southern Africa. His qualifications include a PhD and an MBA (cum laude) from the University of South Africa. In 2002 he was awarded the University of South Africa Council Medal for the best MBA student, including his dissertation "Competitive Strategies for Tourism Destinations."